If you run a company, then you might have to worry about your employees embezzling money. There are a number of ways that you can counter act this kind of problem, aside obviously from firing the culprit who is embezzling money if you know who they are, including things like hiring computer forensics specialists to help you get to the bottom of the problem. Here are a few things that you should know before you hire a computer forensic investigator.
1. Insurance fraud investigations come into play when a person or persons fraudulently obtain some benefit or advantage to which they are not otherwise entitled. This could be part of a business or even just personal insurance claims.
2. Insurance fraud crimes also range in severity. The can be anything from the slight exaggeration of insurance claims, this can even sometimes be accidental, to the deliberate causation of accidents or damage in order to collect benefits.
3. The first known private investigation services opened in France in 1833.
4. Computer forensics experts make up a branch of digital forensic science pertaining to legal evidence found in computers and digital storage media. This have become a hug part of law enforcement in the past few decades with the advent of the digital age.
5. The duties of a private investigator can include background checks and further investigation if simple checks prove unenlightening, surveillance and skip traces, or searches for missing people.