Have You Been Injured at Work?

Workers comp attorney

Every worker deserves to be safe while on the job.
Workers compensation, however, is a resource for individuals who are injured while they are at work.
In a time when many families are living paycheck to paycheck, it is important to use the available resources if you should find yourself unable to work. From a broken ankle that limits your ability to drive for your company to an even more serious injury that limits your income for the rest of your life, workers compensation can help you fill in the gap when you have an accident happen at work.

Without the help of a workers compensation lawyer, however, some people who are injured at work fail to get the resources that they need to recover, both physically and financially. Finding out the details about the available workers compensation benefits can help you understand the resources that you might have when it comes to doctor’s appointments, physical and occupational appointments, and modifications that you may need in your home. Although many company’s have a workers compensation department, those lawyers and advisors are often looking out for what is in the best interest of the company. Finding an attorney who can look out for your best interests is almost always a good decision.

Consider some of these facts and figures about the workers compensation in this country:

  • 917,100 occupational illnesses and injuries resulted in missed days of work in the year 2013.
  • Federal and state workers’ compensation laws covered about 125.8 million employees in the year 2011.
  • Workers’ compensation pays cash benefits for lost work time after a three to seven day waiting period and pays 100% of medical costs for injured workers.
  • many jobs have hazards, but nursing orderlies and assistants each suffer roughly three times the rate of back and other musculoskeletal injuries as do construction laborers.
  • $60.2 billion was the total of benefit payments filed through workers’ compensation programs in the year 2011. This amount represented a 3.4% increase from the $58.2 billion revised 2010 benefit figure.
  • 70% of compensation costs go to wages and salaries; benefits make up the remaining 30% of these compensation.

Finding a resource who can help you understand the process of filing a workers compensation can help you get on the road to getting the help that you need. If you have been injured at work it is important that you find the resources that you need to help you with your recovery.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post

Follow by Email